Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Day evening.

I did it! Ten miles in under two hours. It was glorious run. Greenwich looked really pretty in the sunlight and the park full of happy children wearing new clothes. The run along the river bank up to the Thames barrier was easy and it was lovely to smell the river and admire the canary wharf towers on the other side. The last three miles were made harder going by my funny left knee, but I did run the whole ten miles, except for about fifty metres on a very steep hill. I feel so proud of myself.

And so after a bath, I am going to make my fish and chip supper in newspaper and light the fire and watch a film. Either something foreign or a gangster flick, which no one else in my family likes.

So glad I kept my resolve and was tempted to a more conventional Christmas. He has been a really nice day so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment