Monday 22 December 2008

22 December. Evening. Poulet au riz

An amazingly successful day. Despite the plan to drink one's way out of a hangover was not completely recommendsworthy and tennis elbow causing abandonment of keyboard by lunch time.

Units of alcohol: 1/2. Yes, I resisted the bottle and its challenge of come and finish me if you think you're hard enough. A fantastic supper of poussin au riz, eaten on a tray. You could almost convert me to the single life. Even the TV seems do-able. The colour has gone, but I'm not going to risk compromising what I have by trying to fix that.

Populist anthropology. Jared Diamond's Guns Germs and Steel. The man himself has the Most Irritating Lloyd Grossman ilk accent. It's amazing what that man can do to vowels. So many adverts though and so long! You can do the dishes and clean out the hamster and still have time to put up a few shelves. Do not dare fast forward as tried this and I lost the programme.

I am taking a more conservative attitude to lights tonight. Just one in the passage, instead of the whole-scale illumination favoured by Kibbles. I have Radio 3 on downstairs to frighten the banshees and give the hamster some company, but feel moderately confident there won't be coughing episodes tonight. Also, now have Delia for company. She's looking aggreived because I am so late to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment